Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Glorious Day!

It is, indeed, a glorious day!! It's hot and humid and thick outside. I'm sitting at my desk where I don't want to be just now. People around me are grumpy.

BUT...I had a great night's sleep back in my own bed last night. Today is my Dad's birthday. And it was one year ago today that we received the official word that my cancer had returned/spread. Glorious?? You bet! Because here I am, going strong, and loving every day of my life!!

Our family weekend was, as Mary said, beyond description. It was so heart-warming to have all of the Breiters together (even with "flat Alex" representing the one missing nephew). I was exhausted by Sunday night...but it was a good exhaustion! And I'd do it all over again!!

Now we look forward to the coming weekend when Brian, Dominic and I make our way out west to Washington and Oregon. And we'll get to see a 3-dimensional Alex! I am soooo looking forward to this vacation. I haven't been in Seattle since I was pregnant with Dominic...almost 15 years ago! And then to spend some quality relaxation time with the Breiter/Pratts on the Oregon coast will be just what we need after the heat and humidity of WI in June. Awesome!

Let the glorious day continue --- and for all of you too!!

No comments: