Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Mission: Accomplished

Well, I did it!

Last summer when I learned that my cancer had returned/spread I didn't know what that would mean for my future. I didn't have a clear understanding of my prognosis. So I made a very short-term goal of being here for Dominic's 8th grade graduation. And here I am!!

Next mission: to still be around four years from now to see him in his cap and gown and receiving his high school diploma. Poor Dominic...I got a little teary driving him to the graduation ceremony. He looked at me like I was out of my mind. I could just see him rolling his eyes at my sudden emotional breakdown. If I hadn't been on the verge of a major crying jag I'm sure I would have laughed then. I'm laughing now instead. Poor kid! Well, he's learning about the emotions of women. ha ha

What will my mission be following Dominic's high school years? Why, that would be our 10th wedding anniversary, of course!!

BRING IT ON!

No comments: