Monday, November 14, 2005

What Do We Know?

I have to keep this brief, but wanted to at least post the basics for right now.

For the most part, what we learned today was "good news." In fact, it was better than I was expecting. So that much is a relief.

My neck appears to be about the same, but there are spots on my shoulder blades that were there before, but are more pronounced now. My right hip has some "increased activity."

Still too early to know what the injections are doing for me. We'll check numbers again in January. If there's an increase to 200 or so, then we'll schedule another type of scan at that time.

For now, we continue on as we have. I'll take over-the-counter pain relievers as needed, which are still 'working' for me to relieve the discomfort.

I received a copy of the report as it was dictated and have some words I need to look up yet...like "heterogeneity"

That's the scientific side of things. Back to work now. Will post more later on what this means to me, mentally and emotionally.

THANK YOU for all of the prayers and good vibes!

No comments: