Monday, July 02, 2007

I Hope You're Sitting Down

After the 2 litres of fluid came off my lung on Wed, we did the scope on Thurs. Before scoping I received platelets cuz my numbers were poor, and after the scope I received 2 units of blood for the same reason. Dr Sokhi banded off 6 varices again. That's quite a few. Have had probs eating/swallowing since then.

Now is where you sit...feeling 'off' today so I went in to see Dr K. He decided an MRI was in order and we discovered spots on my brain. NOT good!! He put me on a steroid right away today and I'll start radiation immediately tomorrow. I'm afraid we'll soon be running out of treatment options.

In a daze right now. Not sure what else to say....

4 comments:

jeanneusa said...

I am not sure what to say either but I want you to know that the prayers are going even harder. And I will remind the family to up there prayers.

Camille said...

Oh Carol.... I am not sure that any words can help what you must be feeling right now. I am so sorry and will continue to pray for you.

The Harmelings said...

It's times like this where there are no "right" words or even any words at all.

The Bible tells us in John 3:16 - "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I printed the following words before but it seems so appropriate today...

"Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will likely be in your darkest days--when your heart is broken, when you feel abandoned, when you're out of options, when the pain is great, and you turn to God alone. The deepest level of worship is praising God in spite of pain, trusting God during times of trouble, and loving God when he seems distant."

He is our strength and our refuge!

kb said...

I've been coming back to this over and over to read it again. It's like when you wake up and pray that when you dreamt about the car crash, or going to work naked, that none of it really happened.

You know what Mac would say. F-ity.