Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Marvelous March

Here I am again. At long last I'm back at the computer to post some "life" updates.

First of all, I must apologize to anyone who may have checked in looking for information on my last blood draw and the tumor marker results. I am pleased to report, however, that the number was actually down slightly. It's still up in the 50s (with below 30 being "normal" range) but at least it's not back up in the 80s!

Secondly, I must tell you that Brian and I had a fabulous time in Mexico!! It was beautiful and relaxing and we very easily grew accustomed to "Mexico time" which means not watching a clock or being in a rush for anything. The sky was blue, the beaches were white, and the drinks were cold. We loved every minute of our time together.

We had a portrait done while down there. It turned out quite beautifully, if I do say so myself. I must admit that it was the one and only time while we were down there that I really gave any serious amount of thought to my cancer. One of the many people who stopped to comment, while we were doing our sitting right there in the lobby, said that it would be something wonderful for our grandchildren and great grandchildren to have. But my thought was that I hoped it would be something that Brian would be happy to have if my cancer should take me away from him. I was almost teary thanking the artist's wife because I truly appreciated them making this opportunity available to us. (now we just have to get it framed and hung)

Dominic got over his pneumonia and moved right on to wrestling. He's doing exceptionally well for his first year and has pinned a number of his competitors. I'm handling watching him much more easily than I would have guessed. But I haven't seen him in too many awful holds yet either.

Last weekend we stayed in an enormous condo at The Wilderness in the Dells with Sue, Kathy and their families. We had a lot of fun. I just love being around all those kids and listening to them talk and play and getting hugs from them. And Owen's smile is so incredibly contagious. This has become an annual event for us. I'm not "allowed" to go down the big tube slides anymore, but the wave pool and lazy river were great, as was the indoor/outdoor hot tub. I still managed to get plenty pruney myself!

This week brought the first day of spring and Sunday is Easter. New life!! I'm ready to shake off the cold of winter and embrace the warmth of spring. I didn't have a single hotflash or headache while in Mexico. I think that's a sign that I'm not a winter kind of gal.

Bring on the sunshine! Easter blessings to all of you, my beautiful family and friends!!

No comments: