Friday, March 24, 2006

1 Down

I started my radiation yesterday. I was fine all day long. I was fine pulling into the parking lot and sitting in the waiting room. It wasn't until I started walking down the hallway into the room that this cloud of reality settled over me. Wow...I just didn't expect it. The whole time I was laying on the table I was tense and (mentally) uncomfortable. I was there longer yesterday because of the initial set-up. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The techs were great though...always so upbeat and friendly. On the drive home I kept telling myself that this is important and necessary and it will all be good. Only a few tears that I'm doing this for the 3rd time.

By the time I got home, and Dominic was there, he cheered me right up and I knew I could handle this again. I was reminded that this isn't just about me. It's about Dominic, and Brian, and all of my family and friends. Amazing what an attitude adjustment does for a person. I'm ready to get back in there today and do some more "zapping."

The field area is about 10 inches long and maybe 4 or 5 inches wide. It's shaped like New Jersey! I would have picked a prettier state if it were up to me. Brian was surprised. He envisioned more the size of a deck of cards (nasty Queen of Spades size?).

I'll report back with more news as we progress through this. As far as updates on others...Mary Jo has had her last chemo (YIPPEE!) and Dave is half way through his (yippee!).

Have a splendid weekend one and all...and I hope the Floridians are having a great time on their vacation!

No comments: