Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Topped Off

Yesterday I had a treatment and, as Brian said, we "topped off all my fluids." I received the Avastin, Taxotere, Zometa, plus extra pre-meds to avoid any kind of adverse reaction. The extra Benadryl sent my head a spinning and then knocked me out for a nap right then and there in my chemo chair. I also have a new prescription for the GERD symptoms I've been experiencing. Just one more drug to add to my list of many.

I think I ate more for dinner last night (steroids again) than I ate all last week combined. At least that was the way it felt. Today I'm on the anti-nausea pills right away to try and curb any ill side effects. I'll also have a Neumega shot each day this week. Four shots seem to be maintaining my platelets in a "safe" zone. My white and red blood cells are hanging right on that borderline, but haven't dropped at all, which is promising.

VERY PROUD to report that Dominic was named "Student of the Month" by his band teacher for the month of January. The letter his teacher wrote was just wonderful. This honor is kind of a random thing. No teacher is required to name any student, there are no quotas to fill, etc. That just kind of makes it all the more special. Dominic is very proud of this accomplishment. He'll get his picture in the Lakeshore Weekly too.

Please continue to pray for me. I really need to have a good week or two now. And know that I keep all of you in my prayers as well.

3 comments:

lois.girten said...

Hi cousin Carol,
Prayers keep coming to you from Texas. The team of women from our retreat and in our daily church prayers.
What a great honor for Dominic to be recognized.

Wish we could send you our warm weather and daily sunshine.

The Lord is my light and my salvation.

lots of love,
Lois & Chuck

Nate said...

Thought of you the other day when I gave another pint of O positive. Missin ya and Prayn'
Nate

jeanneusa said...

mYou continue to be in my prayers daily. Hope all is going well this week.
Dominic should be very proud, that's a great honor.
Hoping to see you back at work soon. You are very missed.
Jean