Thursday, March 15, 2007

Jitterbug

As you can see by the post time down below, this is not a good time for me to be up and about. Especially because I have not managed to catch any Zzzzs at this point. This darn treatment today has left me feeling all buzzed up and jittery. I can't take much more of this. The steroids left me eating all kinds of junk tonight and now I don't know if the tummy is bothering me cuz of that, or cuz of the chemo. The Kytril helped settle the belly a bit, but it hasn't made me sleepy enough to be able to lay down for even 10 minutes straight!

So here I am; typing, typing, typing. I'm hopeful this will work out some of those jitters I feel. Definitely got the jimmy legs going again tonight.

Those of you who have vacationed recently (past 3-4 months), please let me know how your trips went! Technically, Brian and I should be in Mexico or Punta Cana this week and I'm missing that annual trip very much. I'm hoping to live vicariously through your vacations instead. This is the first year since we've been married that we haven't gone away.

Thanks for your quick comments on my last blog entry, KB. The pic of my liver was encouraging for sure, but the fear now is that the cancer has spread to my lungs. We were reasonably certain the Avastin was helping the spots on my liver to go away and the scan seems to have confirmed that. I never had any great degree of discomfort when Dr K pressed on my liver so we know we caught it early there. As far as Survivor goes; for those of you who don't know, yes, I am hooked on that show. I watched it at Sue's last week but I don't think the previews for this week really stuck with me. Thanks for the update on the buffs and the shake-up. It could make for much more interesting tribes now.

For you pray-ers out there...please send up a few for my uncle and aunt, Jim and Kitty, who both managed to land themselves in the hospital recently. Also, my aunt Ruth who had recent heart surgery. All three seem to be doing pretty well and are home recouping. And while you're at it, my sister-in-law, Kate's, dad is undergoing some health issues and has conflicting opinions from some doctors on whether or not he has cancer. The not knowing things is the worst...how does one deal with a conflict like that?!? At least my 2nd and 3rd opinions at UW-Madison Hospital and at the Mayo Clinic all confirmed what we were being told here at the Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic.

What a great day here yesterday with a high temp of 68 degrees on our deck in the sun. The wind was brisk and so it didn't necessarily feel quite that warm to me, but the snow is practically all gone now and even with the temps back down in the 40s today, it was still refreshing to be able to walk to the end of my driveway yesterday and not feel chilled to the bone. (Granted, I was wearing a turtleneck, sweatshirt, and corduroy jacket, but I was comfy.)

Oop, there's another big yawn, but the legs are still bouncing up and down yet. I think I'll iron my bandanas that I washed earlier today. I'm trying to do quiet things that won't wake the men-folk.

My 2 1/2 year old nephew, Owen, was here last evening. I didn't see much of him because he was all about having his private play time with Dominic. But he came upstairs a few times to sort of check in. I had my hat off most of the evening and the first time he just kind of looked at my head while he was talking to me, paused ever so briefly, but kept on talking. The next time he told me "you have beautiful hairs." It just made my night cuz he has no clue why my hair is practically non-existant or that that was the sweetest thing he could possibly say. What a kid!

I think that's all the typing for now. As I said, I think I'll iron now, but I don't know what I'll do after that. The print in my book is too tiny to try and read at this hour, I've already discovered. I have no desire to watch 'paid programming' and there's little else on at this hour. Much too late too call any of you for a chat, but could almost call some of you early Muth employees who might be about ready to wake up this morning. I'm not banking on much sleep before my procedure this morning. Have to be at the hospital by 10:30am, can't eat anything after 8:30am.

Well, thanks for lending an eyeball to my rambling typing. Hopefully will sleep better tomorrow night and you won't really hear from me again until we have the results from the fluid samples. No date set yet for the x-ray. Have to call and get that arranged.

Happy St. Patrick's Day (coming right up)!! I'll have to wear my fun green party hat from Mac and KB. Hope you're all snuggled in tonight and sleeping like rocks.

Love to all

No comments: