Monday, May 07, 2007

Loooong Weekend

Yes, it was long. Why? Because I was stuck in the hospital from Fri at 3pm until about 9 this morning. I developed a fever of 103.7 on Friday and I couldn't get it to come down. So they admitted to the hospital to get iv antibiotics. I was really ready to come home yesterday but they made me stay over one more night.

NOW I need to start the upward trend again and feel like a million bucks by the weekend. I just can't miss out on this family affair that's coming up!

I'm very sleepy as I did not sleep well at the hospital at all. There's definitely a nap in my future this morning/afternoon. At the moment the sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside. Nice to come home to that, rather than rain and grey skies.

I must thank my friend, Kay, for her consistancy in sending me such beautiful and comforting cards. She sends something at least every other week, if not every single week and I always look forward to that. Thank you Kay!! You're so wonderful!

And thank you, also, to Amy and Carol who each came to visit me in the hospital. While they were discouraging me having any visitors besides Brian and Dominic, these two both stopped up to see me and were most welcome and appreciated. So were the phone calls from family and friends. It helped to make the time go a little quicker. I'm sorry I don't always call and let folks know when I'm in there. Most often I don't have my list of phone numbers with me, and I need to get a long distance calling card to reach any of you who are further away. I'll try to remember to purchase one of those next time I'm in the store.

Ok, all for now. Really, really sleepy and the fingers aren't typing so well. I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

No comments: