Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where's Carol?

I'm not at home. I'm not in Sheboygan County. I'm not even in the state of Wisconsin. I had an opportunity to come to MN with my folks and I jumped at it! I just had to get away from the walls that were closing in on me and the long silences at home being alone all day long. Already this is a great improvement. I really haven't done much that's different here, but the scenery is changed. They have a big, bright window in their living room I can look out and watch traffic go by and hear neighborhood noises and watch the silly chipmunks scurry by. I don't have any of that at home. We're a lot more "private" living where we do than I ever really realized. I'll be flying home on Memorial Day to be reunited with my guys.

I've had some problems with my legs recently. In fact, they gave out from under me one evening. I don't know who it scared more...me, or Deb and Amy who were with me at the time. I haven't had another incident but I am constantly aware of how they feel now and am extra cautious on the steps.

Graduation weekend in Beloit was really nice with my family all together. I'm very thankful that it all worked out and I was mostly feeling up to all of the activities. There was still napping involved and I was worn out by the time I got home, but it was all worth it. I also was able to see my brother-in-law, Anthony, graduate the following weekend as part of this trip to MN. It just worked out since I was traveling with my parents.

It was 80 degrees here yesterday with a nice breeze blowing to keep the air moving. It was a perfect day. I was even comfortably warm (while everyone else was hot). Today is supposed to be similar, but with a slight chance of rain. Nephew, Mark, has a program at school tomorrow night which we're going to try to attend. I ran a bunch of errands with my Dad yesterday and that was nice. Even here I still need to get out of the house.

So I guess that's about it for now. My tumor marker number is up to 944, but no one seems too surprised by that since we're not doing any treatments right now. I am getting a boost for my red blood cells every other week with a shot of Aranesp. I just wish I would start to get some of my energy back...soon!

Have a good week everyone and a safe holiday weekend. I'll check back in once I'm home. Please keep the prayers coming my way. I need some strength and energy and peace of mind at home.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Hi Carol!!

I was thinking about you today and inquired with Linda as to how you were doing, so she sent me your blog link. Sounds like you have been very busy!!! It also sounds like your one heck of a fighter and I whole heartedly admire your courage and strength. I wish for you continued strength and energy and will pray that God watches over you. Keep up the good work!!! We all miss you.

Camille

Wendy Hendrikse said...

I was really getting worried--in fact I was about to pick up the phone this weekend to see how you were doing, only to find out from Mom that you are not at home. I'm thrilled to hear that you are spending some quality time with your parents in Minnesota. It sounds like they are keeping you pretty busy. (That's a good thing!!) Well take care, and enjoy the rest of your time with your family and friends. We will see you when you get back in Wisconsin.

Sending our Love,
Wendy, Kevin, Sam, & Travis

kb said...

I know you have many other things on your mind...but it's about time! EVERYONE has been asking about you at work and all I can say is that you're doing OK. Glad you're spending some time looking out different windows...that's important.

-KB