Thursday, May 31, 2007

No Suckers

My dad was collecting money for a raffle his men's club was having at his church. Most every day I was in Mankato we would make a bank run and, big kid that he is, my dad would come out with suckers for each of us. It made me feel like a little kid again to be out running errands, just me and my dad, and being treated to a sucker from the bank. How sad on Tuesday when I ran to the bank in Sheboygan - by myself - and didn't get a sucker. Yes, I'm home.

I had a really good week with my parents. We didn't do anything major but it was nice to always have someone around and someone to eat with and play cards with and just sit next to and read the paper. My parents are just plain wonderful and I plan to go back again soon when the walls close in again. As a bonus, I got to spend time with all three of my brothers, their wives, and Mark and Joey. I also was able to visit with my Aunt Midge. It was just the perfect week for me.

While I was there I did battle a low grade fever for about a day and a half. When I got home I thought it was all in my head that I was feeling down and out, but it turns out my blood was messed up again and I ended up in the hospital yesterday for a blood transfusion. I didn't get home until 10:00 last night. Back to reality!

I have decided that I'm probably only going to blog once a week now. My guess is that I'll try to do it on Sundays or Mondays as a re-cap of the previous week. There's just not enough going on in my world to warrant anything more frequent than that. It will also save all of you from checking every day and finding nothing and wondering what's going on.

Time to go pop a pill or two to try and control another fever that's going on right now. It should help with some of these aches I'm feeling also. It may be time to increase the Fentanyl dosage for pain as my hips and legs have been bothering me more and more lately. I'll see Dr K in two weeks and discuss it with him at that time.

You're all in my prayers. I hope I remain in yours as well.

2 comments:

lois.girten said...

so glad you have fun being a kid again with your mom & dad, brothers and sister in laws.
if you are ever up for it we'd love to have you come and take a respite from your walls. lot a lot to do, however the scenery is great, fox and deer, roadrunners, bunnies, swans, blue herons, etc. you could sit on the back porch and watch the lake.
you're in our daily prayers,
lois

jeanneusa said...

I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time in Mankato. Our son is no longer in Mankato, he is in Woodbury, but his memories of Mankato are good ones and he went back a few weeks ago for a visit, checked out the campus changes and stopped in to buy a new University T-shirt.
You are always in my prayers and I hope the weather changes soon also, that way you should be able to get outside for a bit.
Take care, love reading your blogs and I print them for the production people because they keep asking how you are doing. Dick asks about you also, he still whistles in every day.
Jean