Monday, June 04, 2007

What now?

I woke up yesterday morning with the left side of my lower lip and the left side of my chin feeling mostly numb. They're still that way today. I've got a call in to the clinic to see what they think this might be. No pain, no tooth ache, no discomfort, no obvious trauma. Just this very odd numbness. Fortunately my face looks normal and I don't have a fat lip or sagging chin or anything.

I think it may soon be time to have the fluid drained from around my right lung again. I'm not really short of breath, but I do hear some faint wheezing sometimes. I'll probably hold off until I see Dr K next week though to get something set up. Since I've managed to go so long this time with draining, I don't think we'll have to resort to the very involved chest tube and can just drain it like we did the last two times. I'll let you know what happens with that.

I had a pretty good weekend. Got out of the house a bit with Brian on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm kind of sick of the clouds though and look forward to the next all/mostly sunny day to arrive.

Both my mother and mother-in-law have birthdays at the end of this week so, if you're so inclined, please say a special prayer for each of them.

Have to go flip the laundry from the washer to the dryer now. Big excitement for my Monday!

I hate waiting around for this phone to ring, but I really need to hear something from the clinic. I'll let you know what they decide this new strangeness might be from...

1 comment:

jeanneusa said...

I hope you find out soon from the clinic, I know when you are waiting for a phone call it seems endless. This weather is sure gloomy, I to wish the sun would come out. The foggy weather is no fun either. Not sure if anyone told you that we are now ISO certified, we passed our audit on Thursday May 31st and we hopefully will be flying the ISO flag in two weeks. Looking forward to the time that you are back with us at Muth.
Miss you lots,
Jean