Friday, January 13, 2006

Am I Pink

What a difference a week makes! I AM pink! Pink as in healthy; pink as in my 'survivor' color; pink as in my cheeks are pink (not my peeks are chink, it's a little early in the day for that).

I look back at where I was last Friday and can't believe what opposite ends of the spectrum I am at. I haven't been that low in a very, very long time! But...the flu seems to have been good for me. Not only did it give me a thorough flushing physically, but I seem to have been flushed out mentally and emotionally as well. I felt great this whole week. I have renewed positive energy and attitude and laughter. I don't feel like I'm dragging around a pack on my back.

I didn't realize it until the other day, but I think I've been loaded down with negative baggage ever since my bone scan. I honestly think that in the back of my mind I was focusing on the cancer "activity" in my hip and shoulder blade. I became overly cautious and worrisome about what I should and shouldn't be doing. Enough of that! Now that I realize what I was doing to jeopardize my own mood I can toss it aside and feel light and ready to roll into this brand new year!

Wednesday, 1/11, was NOT a shithouse. It was a great day! I had lunch with 9 wonderful women. I took chocolates to the VLCC as a thank you to them for making my 5-year Cancer Survivor anniversary possible. I took a deep breath, thanked God for all the many, many supporters I have, and vowed to celebrate even bigger on my 10-year anniversary!

Reports on my brother, Dave, have been very promising. The cancer is contained to his neck and chest, which is good. No spreading to other organs or distant body parts. He'll finish up with a few more tests next week and then the chemo will commence. From what I can tell at this distance, he has the right attitude and should come through all of this just fine. Please keep him in your prayers!

Offer up some extra prayers for me too, please, for next week's appointment. We'll do another blood draw and have high hopes that my tumor marker number has come down.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Off to get my hairs cut...

No comments: