Tuesday, January 24, 2006

FYI

I have an appointment with Dr K on Friday at 2:30 to get my scan results. We're VERY thankful for this so we won't have to fret and make ourselves crazy all weekend long!

I'll try to blog as soon after that as possible so all of you have the results as well.

As a point of reference: the last PET scan I had was in June of 2004. It was at that time that we learned the cancer was in my bones. But we had to do an MRI of the "hot spots" to determine the extent of the cancer and verify it was for sure in the bones at those locations, not the tissue or any organs. What this means is that after the PET scan there could likely be another scan scheduled to get more specific information of any problem areas.

I'm doing pretty good today. Keeping very busy here at work, which helps. I'm a little worried about Brian. Say some extra prayers for him please! I haven't mentioned any of this to Dominic yet. I'll wait until at least Friday afternoon when we'll maybe know a little more. Why should his 15-yr-old brain have to toss this around all week?!

Wishing all of YOU peace!! I have a better idea what it's like for you guys to feel pretty helpless in trying to help me now that I have those same feelings about Dave. Thanks for sticking with me!!

Love to all

No comments: