Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Going...Going...

Gone! Well, not completely, but almost all gone. After losing many hairs in Ma and Pa's shower over the weekend, it started coming out in handfuls yesterday. I had enough hair to make a small puppy, I think. So my very brave and wonderful husband took to the shaver and we cut it off with a #4 guard. I awoke to more hair on my pillow and in my shower today as well, so it won't be long before my head looks like my buddy, Josh VE's! As predicted, it has happened just in time for the temperature drop. All hats have been moved into a handy location and will become a daily routine now. My head is c-o-l-d without one! Still debating whether or not to get a wig. I guess time will tell.

Had a very nice weekend in MN, but it completely drained me. I pretty much slept the day away on Monday. Yesterday and today I got caught up on laundry but didn't quite make it to the Christmas decorations. Brian has been putting up lights outside and it's looking lovely. Hopes to get our tree this weekend. It will certainly add some cheer to my days. I LOVE this time of year with all the sparkle and colors. Sadly, even though my shopping list is nearly complete, I won't get to many stores this year and will mainly shop online. I'm one of those 'crazies' who likes the hustle and bustle of the holiday shoppers during this season.

Got to see my aunt and uncle, Jim and Kitty, over the weeked too. Jim made me a beautiful Christmas angel out of wood (scroll saw, I think?). I hope to get her framed with a piece of red velvet behind her. I'm truly touched that he thought of me and gave me this angel to watch over me.

Tomorrow I go back in for a blood check. If these past 10 days have been kind to me, then we should be able to proceed with this delayed chemo treatment. I have no clue what to expect so I'm not leaning one way or another. Chemo would mean more steroids so I may just log in at some bizarre, late hour tomorrow night to fill you in on the latest details.

Now back to my comfy recliner and warm afghan.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I would love to be your bandana sister again... :)

Love you
DIVA