Monday, November 06, 2006

Please Disregard My Last Blog

Here's the way things really happened...

I had a miserable weekend of pain/discomfort, nausea, and nasty bloody noses. The plans for a group of eight of us to try and dine out on Sunday night fell through because I was in bed all day. Remind me to never, ever try and predict upcoming good days again. It always seems to fail, for one reason or another.

To make matters worse, still feeling crummy today I went in for my rescheduled appointment. Platelets had increased only barely enough to make treatment possible. BUT, it turns out that a drop of 103 points is a very small number after all when we look at how many courses of the chemo pills I've had, so we started the Taxol today. It's a fairly low dosage, but in two to three weeks my hair will at least start thinning, and will most likely eventually all fall out now. (Just in time for winter. brrrr!) I will remain on the Taxol for an indefinite period of time. It all depends on how well it does or does not work for me. I will get receive the Taxol once a week, most likely on Mondays.

I really feel cheated! I commited the cardinal sin of hoping for the best, but not preparing for the worst. My optimism got the best of me and I felt really let down that I didn't get my "human" days.

Why am I still mobile and functioning at 9:45pm? Because they gave me steroids with the treatment so my brain is fairly wide awake I guess. That, and when I got home I napped from 6:30 to 7:30 since the blood pressure cuff woke me up every time I would start to snooze at the clinic today. HUGE thanks to Gordy and Romaine for getting me and my truck back home!

That's all for now.
May you all have sweet dreams tonight.
And remember to VOTE tomorrow!!

No comments: