Monday, November 13, 2006

My Monday Routine

Today I had my second dose of the Taxol. All went as expected with that part of things. It was nice to have my parents there to sit with me. They were able to meet my wonderful nurse, Brenda, and of course she and Dad "hit it off" right away when she commented on the Packer game and he informed her that we're Viking fans. Then he managed to spill his mostly full cup of coffee on the floor while I was in with the doc, so she was all over him after that. Many laughs today.

My platelets are borderline "good", as is my hemoglobin. But, naturally, we can't have everything in sync, so now my white blood cells are low. What the hell?!? The next three days I have to now go in and get an injection of Neupogen to try and build those white cells back up. (Just when I think I'm done with the needles.) I have a ride for Tues already as long as Brian ends up working where he thinks he will. I may need a "phone-a-friend" for Wed and/or Thurs for a ride, though, depending on Brian's schedule and how I'm feeling. I don't see much driving in my immediate future, however. So you never know...my number may just come up on YOUR caller ID.

I feel like I have been munching ever since I got home! Highly, highly unusual for me. We think it's the steroids. It seems to help take the jitters away too. And I'm actually consuming calories. I gained almost a full pound last week! (this after, last week, hitting the 30 lb weight loss mark since August)

It's amazing to me how much of a difference it makes having people around. It wears me out, to be sure. But just the chance to have a face-to-face conversation and get an actual warm body hug is HUGE! It makes the walls of my house seem to expand a little more again. Certainly there are times when I am not up for it at all because I have so little stamina. But those other times it is a welcome relief. ...and then I nap!!

Today was a mostly good day. Tomorrow should be nudging toward the good side as well, before the Taxol effects really kick in again on Wed and Thurs (if last week was any indicator). I didn't really get a good day last Tues, but we think we've solved that particular problem.

I had lots of fun emails today. Thanks a bunch for those! And I bought a hat today while waiting for my prescription to get filled. The hair is hanging on yet, but now the clock has started ticking...tick, tick, tick.

Ok, I think that's it for now. Let me know if I've left anything out. Hope all of you are wonderfully well!!

No comments: