Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dreary

That word describes both the weather and my mood. I had chemo last Friday and have been feeling lousy ever since.

I saw the Ear, Nose & Throat doctor today and he has pretty much confirmed that my nose bleeds are a result of the chemo. He gave me some treatment options to try at home that will hopefully give me at least a little relief. From there it was to the VLCC to get a blood draw. Counts are good enough that I don't have to have any shots this week. That's a plus.. The side effects from treating the side effects are really getting to me. If numbers stay on track then I'll have chemo again this Friday.

I'll go into more detail when I'm feeling better, but the homemade gifts I received from people last week are what really help pull me through these tough days. Pete wrote me a song of my very own; Joan made me a cushy, comfy blanket; and Mac (via KB) made me two really great hats! Visits with co-workers also have given me a little "oomph." Trying to get into the holiday mood. Tougher when I feel so rotten physically.

I'll get back to you again later this week...

No comments: