Thursday, December 28, 2006

Piece of Cake

The scope that I had done yesterday was well-tolerated. I think that's mainly because I was soooo completely out of it! They must have given me the good stuff because I have no recollection of anything and slept a good long time afterwards. Then I came home and slept 4 more hours. Poor Brian...he says I kept asking him the same questions over and over last night.

Dr Sokhi "stretched" a portion of my esophagus where there was some narrowing. He also removed a polyp in my stomach (not unusual) and then took two biopsies. I'll have those results in about a week. He diagnosed me with Gastritis and also said there are some varices that we'll need to keep an eye on. Hmmm...I wonder how we do that? I was still zonked out when he explained all of this to Brian, but he and his nurse wrote some things down and also provided a diagram of the areas we're talking about. I'll have to contact him with my follow up questions now that I'm no longer feeling comatose.

I actually feel pretty good today. There's not an appointment to be had until next Wednesday and that almost feels wrong...like I'm forgetting something.

I want all of you to know that you shouldn't feel badly or left out or rejected or sad that you didn't receive a Christmas card from us this year. We just didn't get around to sending them. Who knows...maybe we'll wish you well when January rolls around. But it just became a weight on my shoulders that I couldn't handle feeling the way that I did. Brian really wanted them out, for obvious reasons, but I told him that all of you would understand and that it wasn't critical. So we apologize for not being in touch, but believe me when I say we truly value all of you and wish you happiness not only during these holidays, but throughout the coming year. Holy cow...2007 is just around the corner! Let's hope it's a heckuva good year for all of us!!

Time for some lunch now. I actually feel hungry!

No comments: