Thursday, January 04, 2007

Here We Go Again

I saw Dr K yesterday and, while my numbers are all pretty borderline, we are going to proceed with treatment tomorrow anyway. Dr K feels it's important to stay on track as much as possible. That is why he thinks we should also resume the daily Neumega shots next week. Unfortunately, it's the only drug that's really out there to boost the platelets. We'll just monitor all of the side effects very closely.

I hope to have an updated tumor marker number tomorrow. That way, if I feel especially crummy after treatment, I can at least focus on that positive drop in number. We want to continue to see things moving in the right direction!

I also received the results of my stomach biopsies and everything was clean. Whew! I have a mammogram scheduled for the end of January, but we're so far past those concerns that it's not a big deal at all any more.

My crazy husband is out golfing today! Yes, the weather is unseasonably warm, but it's not THAT warm!! To each his own, I suppose. He'll probably come home with wind burn.

Happy New Year! Now going to move to a more comfortable chair. If you don't hear from me for a while, you can probably assume that the chemo and Avastin knocked me out for a bit.

No comments: