Saturday, January 13, 2007

Telling Time

Sue, just to let you know, in case you were looking for any part of our shared brain on Thursday, according to the MRI, I had the whole thing! And the good news is that it showed up clean for cancer!! Can I get another "Whoopee Doopee!"?!

The "eyes" have it and I am leaving in a few minutes for, you guessed it, another blood transfusion. So that's where I'll be spending my Saturday again. I sure hope they give me a room with a view this time. I always end up looking out at a brick wall.

There's always something unusual that comes up during these appointments of mine, yes? Have you noticed this as well? This time around it came when I asked about how many more rounds of chemo we would be doing and Dr K said "don't think we're ending any time soon. We could easily be looking at another six months." We need to not only get that tumor marker down, but we need to maintain the number once it is down, and the way to do that is with continuing treatment. Both Brian and I were slightly taken aback, and yet it makes perfect sense. We have reduced the dosage again though, so maybe it will be more tolerable and we'll get more treatments in on a timely basis.

It wasn't until I was crawling into bed Thurs night and looked at my bedside clock that also gives the date that I realized it was the 6-year anniversary of my original breast cancer diagnosis. Wow! Keep those years a rolling by!

Yesterday was Dr K's birthday, but I didn't know until I got there and was all hooked up. May have to do something belated for this great doctor of mine. Just need to come up with a clever/original idea. Anyone?

Better run. I've got a date with a reverse vampire.

No comments: