Sunday, January 28, 2007

What will be?

I'm supposed to try and have chemo again tomorrow. If the bloodwork allows it, we may switch to a new drug called Taxotere. There should be fewer neuropathies with this one. I hope he's right about that. My sense of touch and temperature and the tingling in my extremities and in my face have become most annoying. Of course, then what's the trade-off? Fewer neuropathies, but more of some other discomfort? What will it be?

After feeling mostly like crud all week I finally broke down and had myself a good cry this morning. I think I was long overdue and I feel somewhat better now, at least emotionally. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

It's blustery cold and windy here today. My mind and body long for the warm, sunny beaches of Mexico. Alas, it is not to be this year. Although we reached that conclusion some time ago already, I think it's just now starting to sink in as others come and go on their trips. I am looking forward to a weekend away in the Dells in March with my sisters, however. No matter how I feel I will make that work because the change of scenery can only do me good---not to mention the time well-spent with sisters well-loved!

All I have for now. Just wanted to check in. I'll try to get back to you with details of how the Taxotere works out.

No comments: