Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Disappointing

So I received a reply from a woman at LiveStrong. She gave me a link to a website that directs me to various clinical trials. That's all.

Maybe I was being a little unrealistic, but I thought maybe they had professionals on staff who would look at my specific situation as described in my message and say "by golly, this woman needs to go to Clinic X and see Dr. Z!"

I will go ahead and fill out the form on the web link and see if I qualify for any of the trials. In the past, I have not. Depending on what comes up I can then decide if I want to get involved. It's a little scary to be part of a 'trial' --- but I know that it's 100% necessary if there's ever going to be a cure found.

I want to see another doctor somewhere. Get a second 2nd opinion. (my first second opinion was last Sept in Madison) I'm just not sure how to figure out where to go...

As Brian and I said last night...we're in the exact same spot we were at this time last year. That can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the perspective of the day. At the moment, it seems like a bad thing.

No comments: