Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Start Spreadin' the News

I'm leavin' today...(well, really tomorrow)! New York, New York!

I'm getting all excited now. Kristi (KB) and I fly out tomorrow evening for NYC! What an adventure this will be. And while I really wish that Brian was going to be there to experience all of this with me, and make me feel safe(r) on the streets of the Big Apple, I know that Kristi is my ideal travel partner for this trip and that we are going to have a BLAST!

In my younger days I loved to travel and wouldn't think twice about hopping in my car alone and heading out to places unknown. Post-Dominic I became a 'little' more cautious. The older I got, the more cautious still. Then came the Big C and I seem to have tossed a little bit of that caution to the wind again. I think that's a good thing. When my time comes, it will come. A couple of people have asked me if I'm nervous about being in New York because of terrorists and muggers and all of the bad things you hear about. I'm not worried in the least. I won't be stupid and walk down dark alleys or wave $20 bills in the air. But this is such a great opportunity. I intend to embrace the city to the best of my ability. I told KB that I will give it my all and try to keep up with her. It will be energy well spent!

Happy Trails to Me/Us!

No comments: