Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sorry for the Delay

I realize many of you were checking for a posting yesterday to find out what I found out. I'm sorry I didn't get to the computer.

When I called the clinic in the morning they were able to tell me that the blood work had come back negative for infection. I guess that's a good thing, right? So what's the problem then? Since I was still having the sweats they decided I should come in and see Dr K. I had a late afternoon appointment with him. First words out of his mouth were "You're spending too much time here" and I said "I KNOW!"

The new theory is that the fevers and night sweats are a result of the meds attacking the tumors in my liver, and this is my body's way of responding. So, kind of, it's a good thing that I've been feeling the way I have...maybe...if the theory is correct. Dr K took me off the antibiotics which were making me more nauseous than usual. I am now taking Aleve twice a day to try and reduce some inflamation. I see Dr K again on Friday and we will re-evaluate the situation then.

Since I was showered and dressed and already on the north side of Sheboygan, I decided to go in to work for a little bit yesterday. I only lasted about an hour and a half. But it was good to be there, sitting in my chair, answering my phone, plodding through emails, and seeing many smiling faces.

Then I came home, exhausted, and napped for two hours. Hence the lack of blog time yesterday. I was just uncomfortable and groggy and in no mood to sit in this particular chair.

I received lots of cards and hand-written notes in the mail the past couple of days. What a great, great treat! (J&B, I told Brian I need a pig now, but he doesn't think it's such a good idea. lol) Everyone has been so great about keeping in touch with me and it has really helped me get through these rough days. I just can't express my gratitude appropriately.

Be well, and have a great day all!!

No comments: