Thursday, September 14, 2006

To Quote...

...the late, great Gilda Radner: "It's aaaalways something!"

I told the nurses at the clinic today that it just seems impossbile for me to stay away from there for two full weeks. That would mean my life was going smoothly and everything was fine. I had no appointment today. I have no appointment until a week from tomorrow. But after two nights of the most intense, bizarre, soaking wet night sweats I thought I better call in and make sure this wasn't a big problem. They told me to come right in. On top of everything else, I now have an infection of some sort, somewhere in my body. The first thought is a Port infection, just because of the timing, but that doesn't look infected. We won't know specifics until lab cultures are back, probably on Monday. In the mean time they have given me an antibiotic. I'm running a pretty high fever of 102, so my brain is a little fuzzy.

What next?!?

No comments: