Wednesday, September 27, 2006

3 Key Factors

I managed to get some sleep last night. Factor number 1 that aided this "miracle" was a doubling of my dosage of the Fentanyl (pain patch). Factor number 2 was the way I finally positioned myself; head and shoulders propped this way, knees propped that way, on the couch in the living room. Factor number 3 was my very wise husband. I must have fallen asleep between 10 and 10:30 and when Brian was ready to turn in he just left me there, with the light still on and everything so as not to wake me. I slept until 2-something, when it took me a minute to realize where I was. I was going to get up and go to bed, or at least turn of the light, but I fell right back asleep instead. Then I awoke again at 4:30 and did go to bed at that time...PAIN FREE! I slept until 10:30 this morning!

Yesterday was a tough one. I don't think I've writhed in pain like that since I was in labor. The Fentanyl is definitely making my head a little floaty again, but it's tolerable, and the pain is gone again, so I'll learn to deal with it. I do not want any more days like yesterday. A little queasy still today, but that's the chemo pills. Only ten more pills to go for this week...

No comments: