Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's me

My apologies to those of you who have been checking in and finding no new updates. I guess it's because I have nothing new to say. Same ol', same ol'. How many times do you really want to read that I'm tired and nauseous and weak and have no energy or zip, and tingling in my fingers. I do appreciate the fact that so very many of you are so loyal in reading this blog. I'll try to do better.

My current state finds me home every day, which can be depressing at times. Especially when this is my "off" week (from the chemo) and I feel like I should be more human, but that just doesn't seem to happen any more. The chemo pills are cumulative both during the week that I'm taking them, but also in how they accumulate in my system over time, so their effects are still present on these weeks when I'm not taking them. I don't like it. I was so looking forward to a couple of good days when I didn't feel I needed to be close to my couch and bucket and bed.

I can't remember the last day that the mail came and there wasn't some sort of card from someone in there. Funny ones, prayerful ones, funny ones, thinking of you ones, funny ones. It definitely makes mail time a treat.

The phone calls are always appreciated too. I'm very, very bad at picking up the phone and calling others. I apologize for that. It isn't that I don't want to talk to anyone. It's that I feel as though everyone else has a life going on around them and I would hate to call and interupt that --- or be a downer on someone's good day. I'll try to do better with that too!

Dominic has his drum lesson about 4 or 5 blocks from work, so he's going to drive tonight (yikes!) and I'm going to spend about a 1/2 hour at my desk while he drums. Then he can drive us back home again. I'm actually not all that nervous. We'll take back roads, not the interstate. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: