Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hats off to my Friends!

Or, more appropriately, sombreros off!!

What's better than a friend callling to see if it's ok if she stops over? How about that friend showing up with 3 other friends with her?

And what's better than that? How about if they show up wearing sombreros and ponchos, bearing food and beverages (including a Snapple for me!) and a boom box with a CD of Mexican music? And there were flowers and a card with a picture of the 5 of us from Cinco de Mayo, 2005. (And Brian never once let the cat out of the bag.)

Most special of all, there were lots and lots of laughs! I can't thank these dear women enough. When they left I cried because they made me feel so loved. So THANK YOU to KB, Lisa, Sheryl, and Veronica!! Don't think I ever take my good fortune in friends for granted. You guys are the best!

The timing of this little fiesta couldn't have been better, either. Monday was one of the very worst days I have had so far through this entire experience. I felt completely awful the entire day and it left me weak and emotional and tired of this ordeal. I felt a little better on Tuesday and by Wednesday was up to seeing some visitors. It renewed my psychological strength!

Today I feel relatively decent. I managed to finally get a couple of loads of laundry done. (This has become a major feat for me.) And I finally went through the piles of mail that have been building up on my kitchen counter. Of course, all of this is done in small chunks of time, with resting in between each step. But I'm proud of these small accomplishments.

Tomorrow is treatment day again and we'll start all over in the process. I just keep telling myself that the treatments are making me feel yucky because they're working. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

So once again I send out a heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who read this blog, say your prayers, and extend your warmth into my world. I know an awful lot of pretty darn wonderful people and I feel truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life!

No comments: