Monday, October 30, 2006

Changes in Scenery

Keeping this brief cuz I don't feel so hot.

Last Thursday my wonderful sister, Kathy, drove up from Milwaukee with her two boys and picked up Dominic and me and drove us all to my wonderful sister Sue's house in DeForest. I was a terrible traveling companion and a lousy guest. But the kids all had fun and I had a new view as a lump on Sue's couch instead of on my own. Dominic and I stayed overnight cuz the drive back would have been too much for one day. But when I woke up Friday morning I was wishing I was home cuz I felt so rough. Again I was a terrible traveling companion, and once we reached my house I fell asleep in the chair for two hours---with my coat still on.

Today I was out of the house again to see an oral surgeon about these mouth problems. A potential problem is osteonecrosis as a result of various meds; most specifically the Zometa I've been taking for two years now. The upside is that there is not a big gaping hole in my jaw bone. I have some mouth rinse to try for a week to hopefully get these blood clots under control. Then we (Brian and I) went to the clinic to get my blood drawn cuz I've been so light headed and woozy and weak and out of it. Sure enough, I'm very anemic again. So from the clinic we went to the hospital to get my blood typed and crossed for a blood transfusion tomorrow (Happy Halloween). I'll be there at 10am and it will take 6 to 8 hours for the transfusion. If you're in the neighborhood stop by! I guess that's another change of scenery for me tomorrow...the view from my hospital room.

Definitely time to go get horizontal on my couch again...and try not to sleep through my Vikings game.

No comments: