Saturday, October 14, 2006

Color me Tired

With no warning or foresight, I had another rough night last night. I woke up around 1:30 and did some tossing and turning to try and get comfortable. At 1:50 I finally just got out of bed so I wouldn't wake Brian. My right knee, femur and hip joint all hurt so badly again. I tried walking, sitting, laying down, standing up, propping this way, dangling that way...I even tried the new soft and fuzzy heating pad from my sister thinking the heat would ease some of the discomfort. Nothing worked. It was one of those pains where I couldn't even cry because it hurt too much (ever had that?---ties back to my labor analogy from last time this happened).

Then, to make matters worse, I got violently sick at about 4:00. Why? Why should I be getting sick 10 hours after I last ate? To say the least, it was a long, miserable night. At 7-ish I finally felt the pain easing in the leg and crawled back in bed. I slept off and on for about 4 hours.

What a terrible hostess I am! My brother, Jerry, is here and I haven't even seen him yet today. Pathetic. Of course, he's outside playing in the woods with Dominic, Lorenzo and Zachary, so I think he's being fairly well entertained.

Today is day 7 of the chemo pills. While it may seem unrealistic any more at this point, I still have high, high hopes for a day of "normalcy" during this upcoming week when I'm off the pills. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a warm weekend. Don't blow away. And enjoy the perfect blue sky!

No comments: