Thursday, May 25, 2006

Let's Try This Again

Tonight, Brian and I are going to attempt another cancer support group. This will be a first for Brian, and I haven't been to one since my first bad experience. So why are we trying this? Well, in the first place, this one is through the Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic (VLCC) so it's my "home turf" and I think that may make a difference. Also, with Brian by my side it might be a little easier to have him there to lean on if the need arises.

I'm kind of looking forward to this. VLCC hasn't had a support group, that I know of, for a little while...this is a re-start for them. So tonight will be more of a "planning session" where we can give some input as to what our needs are and what we might like to see happen. And it's quite possible that I will recognize some of the other attendees.

Mood-wise, I'm feeling pretty good these days. My energy is slowly rebounding and my naps have been cut back to only about 20 minutes per day. Sitting at Brian's softball game last night left me achy because of the cold wind, so I feel a bit of that today. But not too bad. I have some other pains that don't seem to want to go away without the aid of some Ibuprofin, but I suppose that's to be expected.

The very best news that I have to report is that my brother, Dave, is D-O-N-E with his chemo, as of yesterday!! What a huge relief for him and his wife, Kate. He will still have three weeks of radiation yet, but I think that will be a cake-walk for him, compared to what he's been through with the chemo. I am just so thrilled for him because I know what it feels like to walk out of the clinic after that last treatment.

Looks like we have a fun and busy weekend lined up for ourselves. We're going to travel a bit, relax at home a bit, and watch Dominic march in the parade on Monday. Let the holiday weekend begin!!

Safe travels to those of you who are traveling; happy times with family and/or friends; healthy relaxation to all!

No comments: