Thursday, June 01, 2006

Let's Call it a Success

Last Thursday (where did this week go?!) Brian and I attended the support group with some trepidation. As we pulled up we noticed it was primarily older folks walking in. We still thought that might be ok though. As we approached the door we saw a woman we know and she said to Brian "It's nice to see you here! My husband is home reading the paper." That comment, along with the fact that the majority of the people there had a "support" person with them, made Brian feel a little more comfortable I think. And not one tear was shed by anyone in the room, so that helped too! I think it was a good first meeting, and we plan to attend again.

We had a great, long holiday weekend. And now that it's Thursday again, I'm looking forward to another good weekend! I'm a little envious of my parents and my sister, Sue, who will be in Oregon for the birthday and graduation festivities! But we'll have our own fun around here, to be sure.

Monday I'll have my blood drawn so that we'll have all test results by my Wed appointments. I'll meet with both Dr S and Dr K, and then have my infusion on Wednesday. I think we're all on pins and needles waiting to see what the tumor marker has done this month. The aches I have lead me to think it may have gone up again...but I'm not thoroughly convinced that everything I feel is in my bones. Hopefully they can decipher all the pangs and pains and twinges. It could just still be leftover sensations from the radiation and the laying around and the infection and all of that nastiness. So, yes, I am extremely curious to get that number!

Aside from all of that business, life is treating me well. Depending on the weather, I will swing my first golf club of the season tomorrow evening. I'll let you know how that goes. Even if I can't golf all nine holes, it will be great fun to be on the course and enjoying time with friends and family.

LOVING the sunshine! Hope it's "brighter" where you are!

No comments: