Wednesday, June 07, 2006

"Everyone Knows It's Windy"

Or wind-ed, as is my case. Apparently I am more than just a little bit anemic. I'm quite a bit anemic. Which would explain why I feel so winded so easily doing the simplest things. (phew! I thought I was really just that out of shape!)

So today they gave me a shot of Procrit to help boost my blood and hopefully get it healthy again. Tomorrow I'll be at the hospital all day having a blood transfusion. My hemoglobin is at 8, and it should be more like 13 or 14.

We can't start the Xeloda until we get this a little better under control. I'll receive Procrit shots once a week for three more weeks and then check back with Dr K to see how we've done. Hopefully there's only this one transfusion that will be required.

With all this brand new, oxygenated blood I should be able to hit the green with no problem on Friday!!

I'll get back to you when I'm feeling less light-headed...

Happy Birthday Mom!!

No comments: