Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ow!

The pain I have in my hips/pelvis has been intensifying. I was able to get an appointment squeezed in with Dr. Kumar this afternoon and he has prescribed some pain meds for me. Specifically, I'm going to start on some low dosage morphine, and some low dose steroids. The plan is to take these pills for a week or two and by then we'll have a better idea of whether or not the Procrit is effective in boosting my blood. Then, once I start on the Xeloda, I'll maybe not need these new pain meds.

The morphine could maybe make me a little sleepy for the first day or two, but the steroids could make me hyper. So I'm hoping for even keel, with maybe a little hyper to give me some energy to buzz around this BodyWorks exhibit in Minnesota.

Hopefully I'll be, basically, pain-free the next time I blog in.

Happy Father's Day all you Fathers out there!!

No comments: