Friday, June 09, 2006

A -

'A' Negative, that is. My blood type. I remember poking my finger in science class in middle school and typing our own blood. I'm sure they don't do THAT anymore...needles, blood, etc. I didn't remember what my blood type was though, so that's an interesting bit of info to tuck away somewhere. Hopefully it's info that's not needed any time in the near future.

I had hoped to bounce on out of the hospital all newly oxygenated and energized. It didn't happen quite that way. I then thought that maybe after a good night's sleep with fresh, new blood coursing through my veins that I would leap tall buildings in a single bound this morning. Nope...not even really doing any puddle jumping. I didn't feel like I was going to tip over after I stood up from weeding last night, and I wasn't all winded after my shower this morning, so those are positives. I think my expectations were just set a little too high.

As the day progresses I'm feeling more worn out again. Time for a nap, I do believe. Not sure if I'll golf tonight or not. May save the energy. It's awfully windy out there anyway, and a bit cooler. I can always meet up with everybody in the clubhouse. We'll see how it goes.

As I watched those two units of blood drip-drip-drip for eight hours yesterday, I felt very fortunate that someone with my blood type had been so generous as to donate their blood for me. I don't know how many of you are donors --- but it's an amazing gift! Something to consider?

No comments: