Monday, June 26, 2006

No Blood on Monday

I was thoroughly convinced that I would be getting a transfusion today, based on the way I feel. I was wrong. That is a good thing because my numbers actually have come up a little. They're still not in the normal range, but we're making progress.

Instead, today I had an ultrasound of my heart done. We're trying to figure out why I'm short of breath and weak and light headed,etc. They want to make sure that one of my chemo drugs didn't cause a delayed problem. Dr K doesn't seem to be too concerned. He thinks that this is radiation effects and my body is just having problems rebounding. We won't have results for at least a couple days, maybe up to a week.

The most frustrating part is that I still feel blah, and they can't tell me why or what to do to feel better any sooner. This patient's patience is running thin!

I now have the Xeloda pills in my possession, but I won't start taking them until next week after one more blood draw. Scary in a way, but necessary.

So that's my current situation. Nothing much to report there, but thought I better update.

Thank you for all the many encouraging phone calls today! I needed to hear all those wonderful voices and it helped me a LOT!! I am soooo fortunate to have the support system that I do. Don't ever, ever think I take any one of you for granted.

No comments: