Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just Say No!

I don't know how anyone can possibly become addicted to meds of any kind. Not the type that mess with your head, anyway. This has not been fun or enjoyable at all from day one.

I finally called the doctor's office yesterday and told them I just couldn't take it any more. They took me off the morphine, but left me on the steroids. Even at these low doses my head is still not under my control. I am pain-free, which was the overall goal of this, but I haven't decided if I made a good trade off. I realize the day will eventually come when I don't have a choice on what meds I'm on for pain, but for now these are definitely affecting my "quality of life" and I'm just not ready to be so out of it. I have my Procrit injection at 1:00 and will have them do another evaluation to see what else we can maybe try.

No comments: