Thursday, April 19, 2007

Full House

I can't believe a full week has gone by since the 'gang' stopped by. Last Thursday evening the doorbell rang and in walked 11 close friends (both adults and children). Brian knew they were coming but it was a complete surprise to me! What a great treat. "Thank You" just seems so inadequate sometimes...but I truly am thankful for Dave & Linda, Deb, Jeff & Aaron, Ed, Amy, Andrea & Ellis, and Sara & Rachel. Missing from the group were Tom, but also Dave and Faye. This is a core group of friends that I became part of after meeting Brian. What fantastic people each and every one of them is.

Over the weekend we actually got to go up and see Dave & Faye, just north of Antigo. The weather was nice and I felt half-way decent the whole time. Three weeks off of treatment will do that for a person. I knew I needed to get away from here. I didn't realize how badly I needed to get away until I was actually gone. It was tremendous therapy. And our hosts were so accomodating and wonderful.

I did come back to treatment on Monday and have been feeling crummy since then. Yesterday was especially bad, but today is an improvement. Could it be today's sunshine is helping to improve both the mental and physical side effects? Hard to say.

We have an appointment this afternoon with the attorney to update our wills. It's something I've been meaning to do for a year or two now, but my stay in the hospital last month made me realize it's time to be responsible and get it done so I can get it filed away.

Time to try and eat something again and hopefully not get the belly churning. One of the pills I take needs to be taken with food. Tough to do with no appetite and no guarantee it's going to stay down.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are today!

No comments: