Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Too Low To Go

Numbers were on the low side today so we could not proceed with treatment. I wasn't too surprised by this since I haven't been feeling very good. No transfusion is necessary at this point yet, though, so that's a good thing. I did get the Zometa and Aranesp and a shot of Neupogen. The Neupogen I'll receive each day this week and then we'll check labs again on Monday to see if we can proceed with treatment at that time. I'm also back on a pill called Femara that I took about two years ago. It's one of those things where it can be revisited and maybe have some positive results again. It acts as a hormone inhibitor, similar to Tamoxifen.

While I still may have a little fluid around my lungs yet, my breathing has not been a problem so we're not going to do anything "dramatic" at this time. That's a big relief to me.

I want to thank June for her nice long letter telling me of her trip to Mexico. It was just what I had hoped to receive when I put out the request. Thanks to Wendy, also, who had photos along on Easter to share. What fun!

I did manage to get out on Easter for both church and to Brian's mom's house. It was good therapy to be surrounded by family and just watch all the goings-on. I didn't feel very good, but it was worth it to me to not sit at home.

All for now as it is nap time. I hope all of you had wonderful, joy-filled Easter celebrations!

I'll probably blog again tomorrow with an updated tumor marker number...

No comments: