Thursday, February 09, 2006

At Last!

Finally my phone rang and it was Dr. Schulz. He had semi-legitimate reasons for not calling before now, so he's mostly back in my good graces.

So here's the plan...

Next Thursday, the 16th, we're going to do the CT Scan to get a closer picture. Dr S and Dr K agree that radiation is warranted, along with the Faslodex injections. I am not symptomatic enough to warrant the IV radiation (Quadramet) at this time, so we will be doing "only" surface radiation. The results of this new scan will determine what side we'll radiate first. They seem to have great faith that the Faslodex is going to kick in at some point and result in some improvement.

No radiation will actually occur until after we return from sunny Mexico! That is a relief to me. I don't want to leave the country not knowing what side effects could occur from this.

And that's that. Scan next week, radiation starting mid-March. In time, I'm sure I'll have more details to share regarding the radiation.

Thanks, again, for waiting this out with me!

No comments: