Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Here's the Latest

For those of you who don't know, my tumor marker number went up again in the past month. I am now at 349. I doubt that many (any?) of you really keep track of that actual number, but I throw it in here for my own benefit so I can look back and see where I've been and where I'm at.

One of the issues that was weighing heavy on my mind was where to send Dominic next week while we're at Mayo. In a semi-serious tone he asked if he could stay with his buddy, Ryan. So I called Ryan's Mom tonight and she said she would be only too happy to have him there. One more thing I can check off my list!

I saw Dr. Kumar today. He, his nurse, and Dr Schulz's nurse (Dr S wasn't around) all seemed genuinely thrilled for me that I was able to get an appointment so quickly and easily at Mayo. They're all pleased that I'm going there to seek another opinion. In fact, Dr K said I'm almost doing him a favor because he's debating what medication to put me on next (eliminating the Faslodex) and now we can see what they recommend at Mayo. He smiled and laughed when he said that...and so did I.

I get the impression that Dr K and Dr S are not in total agreement about the radiation, so it will also be good to have another opinion on that issue. And Dr K reiterated today that he wants to delay chemo for as long as possible. Chemo for me this time will not be like it was in the past. It wouldn't be 4 sessions and done. It would be more like X number of sessions, take a little recovery break, do more chemo, another break, more chemo, break, chemo, break, chemo, break, etc, etc, etc.

Tomorrow is Brian's birthday. I have to run and finish the "assembly process" of his gift. He's very hard to shop for. I hope he likes this surprise...I'm pretty confidant he will. (can't give it away in case he decides to check in on the blog himself)

I imagine I'll post once or twice more before we leave for MN. Until then...good night, and God bless.

No comments: